E-waste, also called electronic waste, is the name for electronic products that have come towards the end of their “useful life.” This can include computers, monitors, television, stereos, copiers, printers, fax machines, office machinery, cell phones, DVD players, cameras, batteries and many more electronic machinery. E-waste can be a major issue in terms of data security. By not properly disposing of your electronic waste you are putting your organization in a position to have your data taken and being subjected to cyber crime.
- Businesses, especially those with fewer than 2,500 employees have become popular targets by hackers. Therefor it is essential for small to mid-sized businesses to take extra precautions to protect themselves from cyber crime.
- According to the research published by Accenture, on average an organization loses $11.7 million to cyber crime. This is a huge amount of money to be losing due to the fact that organizations are not properly protecting themselves. By making sure that you are selling your electronic waste to a R2 certified facility that will guarantee your data is protected.
- Deleting your data does not mean that it is destroyed. In the world of data security deleting something means to hide it from view, this data continues to live on and can easily be recovered
- R2 certified recycling companies securely destroy data, hard drives, floppy disks and other media. More electronics would have hard drives then you would think and those all hold information, therefore R2 certified recycling companies shred, wipe, or simply de-manufacture your hard drives.
- R2 certified recycling companies provide you with full documentation of recycling and destruction. This includes an auditing system that tracks materials and provides protection and accountability from beginning to end, allowing verification at every point.
Mayer Metals Corporation is based in the Metro Detroit area and provides business to business electronic waste recycling. We provide our customers with:
- Data Security Solutions
- Hard Drive Shredding
- Environmentally Responsible Recycling via an R2 Certified Facility
- Competitive Prices
Mayer Metals Corporation in partnership with OmniSource Electronic Recycling, will provide you with the most competitive rates and provide you with peace of mind that you are disposing of your organization’s electronic waste safely and responsibly. All electronic waste is recycled in an R2 Certified facility. All hard drives are destroyed and Certificates of Destruction in compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security standards are provided. For more information about electronic recycling check out our Ultimate Guide To Corporate Electronic Recycling.
To learn more about electronic waste recycling, there is a ton of information in our Ultimate Guide To Electronic Waste Recycling.